Policy Corner APRIL 2020
Governor Newsom has been conducting daily news conferences to provide updates on COVID-19 and the responses. These press conferences can be viewed via news networks on television and online: https://www.gov.ca.gov/category/executive-orders/
Recent Executive Orders in California
- Governor Newsom Announces New Initiatives to Support California Workers Impacted by COVID-19 (April 15, 2020)
- Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Division of Juvenile Justice Discharge and Reentry Process (April 14, 2020)
- Governor Newsom Outlines Six Critical Indicators the State will Consider Before Modifying the Stay-at-Home Order and Other COVID-19 Interventions (April 14, 2020)
The legislature had a special hearing recently to share information on budget items with regards to the states COVID-19 response. April 16, 2020 – Informational Hearing Agenda – Budget Overview of California’s COVID-19 Response. To view a recording of the hearing click here.
We encourage individuals and organizations to reach out to their elected officials and share the health equity impacts of COVID-19 and response, as well as ways of bringing relief to California communities. It is an opportunity to share your lived experience with those in policy and ensure vulnerable communities have equitable resources to protect health during the pandemic and moving forward.
SPECIAL SUBCOMMITTEE ON COVID-19 RESPONSE
Senator Holly Mitchell, Chair
Committee website: https://sbud.senate.ca.gov/covid19response
Media archives will provide links to past hearings.
For past legislative meetings taking place in the CA Senate visit:
For past legislative meetings taking place in the CA Assembly visit:
The California Budget Policy Center has released very helpful fact sheets pointing out disparities on COVID-19 impacts within CA’s diverse populations.
- California’s Undocumented Workers and Mixed Status Families Are Locked Out of Safety Net and Federal COVID-19 Support (April 2020)
- California Workers With Less Education, People of Color, and Immigrants are at Greatest Financial Risk Due to COVID-19 (April 2020)
- H.R.748 [116th] CARES Act (Became Law on 3.27.2020)
- The CARES Act provided economic supports to Americans across the U.S. Learn more by clicking here
- H.R.6201 [116th] Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave benefits due to issues related to COVID-19. Learn more by clicking here
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.