CA4Health utilizes a racial equity lens and our Guiding Principles for Health Equity and Justice, to track and support other policy areas related to: Immigration, Mental Health, Resiliency, Universal Healthcare Access, and Violence Prevention.
Poverty Reduction: CA4Health believes that reducing poverty in our communities is one of the most impactful ways to advance health equity. While California has incredible affluence, the wealth gap across our state continues to impact our most vulnerable. We support policies that focus on economic development, improved educational and employment opportunities, criminal justice and bail reform, and programs that provide financial assistance to impacted communities.
Housing: CA4Health believes that housing is a human right. Across California our cities and neighborhoods are struggling with a lack of quality, safe, affordable housing. We support policies that increase affordable housing, community-oriented development, provide supportive housing to those in need, keep individuals and families housed and address homelessness across the state
CA4Health believes in co-creating just and equitable systems in which ALL individuals can prosper. This means collaborating with policymakers, community leaders and partners to improve conditions and increase opportunities for health utilizing a racial equity lens.
Food Justice: CA4Health believes in a just, sustainable, and inclusive food system. We support policies that increase healthy food access and food recovery, advance environmentally friendly food practices, and support workers across the food chain regardless of immigration status.
Racial Equity: CA4Health believes racial equity is an outcome and a process. As a process, we apply racial equity to policies, systems, structures and institutions by analyzing data so we can identify, uncover and remove barriers that produce racial disparities. As an outcome, racial equity is the condition that would be achieved if one’s racial identity no longer predicated how one fares in society.
CA4HEALTH ADVOCACY & POLICY UPDATES
- Equity & Justice Bills 2020
- CA Ballot Infosheet 2020
- CA4Health Advocacy Call Slides (October 2020)
- CA4Health Advocacy Call Minutes (October 2020)
- A Guide to the California Legislature
- Learn about the CA Legislature
- Speaking Out!: State-level advocacy 101
- Alliance for Justice's Bolder Advocacy Resource Library for Advocacy and Understanding Lobbying
- PowerCheck Quick Tool (Bolder Advocacy)
- Understanding How the State Budget Process Relates to the Policy Bill Process
- Register to Vote
- First Time Voters Guide
LOCATING YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS
- Enter your address to find and contact your federal, state, county and local elected representatives.
- California Governor
- CA Legislative Information
- 2019 Legislative Scorecard